Jobs at IS Brescia
The International School of Brescia opened in September 2009, to serve both Italian nationals looking for an international education and international families living in the Brescia area.
It has an Early Years section for 3 to 5 year olds and an Elementary School for 6 to 11 year olds.
The philosophy and approach of the school is based on the Primary Years Program of the International Baccalaureate Organisation.
At IS Brescia we value:
- an academically challenging curriculum;
- a broad and balanced programme educating the whole child;
- the importance of Italian language and culture;
- an international curriculum which provides our students with a broad outlook on the modern world;
- the engagement of the student through participating in a wide range of activities, encouraging students to develop curiosity and a love of learning;
- the school as a broad community, including teachers, students and their parents as partners in education.
An ideal IS Brescia candidate will:
- work flexibly as part of a team; ISC faculty works hard on collaborative projects;
- be familiar with an inquiry-based approach to learning, preferably with experience or knowledge of the PYP;
- have high expectations of student learning;
- use flexible strategies for mixed age classes and for children with different needs and language backgrounds;
- either have EU citizenship or have completed documentation for work in Italy;
- offer extra-curricular activities to supplement the formal programme in school.
Please read the criteria for working at IS Brescia carefully prior to applying
Criteria for employment
The criteria for working at the International School of Brescia includes:
- Certified Teaching qualifications plus a tertiary degree or specialization
- Experience of or willingness to work in an inquiry driven teaching and learning environment
- An EU Passport or prior permission to work in Italy.
Please send a letter of application, full CV/résumé (including photo) and at least 2 letters from your most recent employers or details of three referees to: email@example.com